NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when and if VW is going to put the 2.0T engine, producing 200HP in the New New Beetle? I see that on VW's website you can build a jetta with one now, still no Beetle. I mean, if they can fit the 2.5L into a Beetle, they can certainly squeeze in a 2.0T...right?

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything.

:D

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Hope it makes it accross our shores here in the US. As far as I have read or heard, VW has no interest in another Turbo beetle model here in the states.

VW is producing a turbo trim line for it's "other" cars, and is coming out with the roadster (way cool), but the NB will probably stay a TDI and/or a non-turbo gas production car until they stop production.

Hope I am wrong, but I have just not seen anything in the press regarding a new Turbo bug.:(

TechnoTrix'd.....:wave3:

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
I wouldn't count on seeing another Turbo model in the New Beetle line up. I wish they would but I doubt they will :(

Thats a good thing for me because if they brought out a 2.0 FSI Turbo .. I would be forced to buy it and this way I get to keep Pomelo and not have to feel guilty about trading her in. :D

Tom aka Fowvay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts