NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size exhaust should I trow in?...I have a 2000 2.0 NB. Anyone running a 2.5 on a 2.0?....gime me brands and prices...pls...appreciate the help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looking as well

I am looking to increase power and get a good sound out of mine too. So many threads, it gets confusing? I've heard everything from neuspeed, apexi, APR, K&N filter, Techtonics, also removing your snow box. I've heard upgrading exhaust should be one of your first mods. Especially to increase hp and performance.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
If you go any bigger than 2.25 in our 2.0 you will actually lose power from a loss of backpressure.

A 2.25 will give you alright gains, but it's nothing major. Techtonics Tuning makes one of the best bang for buck systems for our 2.0's.

The 2.0 forum on the Vortex will teach you a lot, I recommend reading it on a regular basis. I do. :D

SMG

·
Registered
404 Posts
They've got some great how-to threads over there too.
Either an exhaust or a skidplate is my next mod, after the P-flo.

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
what muffler form TT? i belive the have Borla or flowmaster. what do you all think sounds better or just is better in general

·
Registered
404 Posts
Is Freaky's setup just some pipe he had the Flowmaster put on by a shop? A custom fab job? I've heard those are MUCH cheaper, have a shop fab up the piping, add your choice of cat and muffler and you're set. I'd like to have a Ragster style setup with the bumper cutout one day...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts