VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MarasMom
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 New Beetle with 180,000 KMs. Recently shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear has been a little rough. It seems to want to shift at 2,500 rpm into 3rd, and over rev during the process. All other gears work great and no problems when manually shifting with tiptronic.

Anyone have any ideas as to what my first steps should be? I know nothing about transmission problems, and don't want to do the dealership service if possible. I'm in East Toronto, Ontario. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
You probably want to start with the basics. There are 2 steps you should take now. One is to get a scan for any codes. The other is to change the transmission fluid and filter if it has not been done within the last 30,000to 40,000 KM.

Do the code scan first because that might indicate valve body problems. Replacing the valve body is relatively easy to do when you change the transmission fluid.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I used the Blauparts kit to change the transmission fluid and filter on our '06 NBC. I was very pleased with the kit and how easy it was to do the work. They send good instructions and I also have the Bentley manual.

One point to note that you only need 3 liters of fluid when you change the fluid. The kit I bought had 6 liters which is the amount you need for a full transmission rebuild. The extra fluid is needed to refill the torque converter and other areas that do not drain when you drop the pan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.