NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a 2006 2.5 volkswagen beetle 119000 miles, up to date oil changes, no leaks.
So i went to start her last night and she wouldn't crank, or start up. However, the radio itself and all the aux settings, and dash, headlights, taillights, everything is brightly lit and working. The only thing not working is the engine! I replaced her battery but theres no action going on when I try to start her. Just her electronics work, no engine.
I need help. Like ASAP!

·
Registered
397 Posts
The short thick copper wire on your starter is probably dead. What you’re describing is what happens when the wire turns to dust in the northern salt belt. A new starter should fix the issue, however I would certainly inspect that wire before I went and spent money on a new starter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The short thick copper wire on your starter is probably dead. What you’re describing is what happens when the wire turns to dust in the northern salt belt. A new starter should fix the issue, however I would certainly inspect that wire before I went and spent money on a new starter.
okay so the starter is not the issue. its not the immobilizer or the alternator either. And the EPC light is on..

·
5/23/10 <3
10,933 Posts
Auto or manual?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a very similar issue on my daughters 2008 VW beetle 2.5L....ended up being the radio/cd player drawing 7 amps when the car was at rest. Of course this was after I spent a lot of time and money fixing things that were not the issues. Sorry, but there will NEVER be another VW in my house, its has had many frustrating electrical issues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts