VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started up the car yesterday and had a host of new lights and warnings mentioned above. These all occurred at the same time, which is highly suspect. No drivability issues noted, car ran and drove normal.

I scanned the car with my Autel MX808 and found the following codes:

• 02511 - Passenger occupant detection system control module - No signal/communication
  • 01578 - Airbag off - indicator lamp, front passenger side - faulty
-XXXX - Tire Pressure Monitoring Control Module - No Communication

Other issues:
-- The parking brake warning light will not turn off on dashboard. This means the warning alarm whenever the car is driven above 4 MPH and lasts for about 10 minutes.
--The ambient temperature display next to the clock near the roof handle does not display.

I have pulled the parking brake switch and tested - seems OK. I tested the voltage from the connector that feeds the parking brake switch and only measured 2.4 volts. I also measured the voltage at the AC Pressure switch and only found 2.4 Volts feeding the switch. I know this particular switch has read 12 V in the recent past.

If anyone has insight as to what module/relay has an affect on all of these systems, please advise while I continue to research this.

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
13.9 while running means that your alternator is working properly. What is the reading not running after the car has set awhile? Like first thing in the morning? A weak battery can cause all kinds of random codes is the reason I’m asking. The battery being somewhat new doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good points. I will check it and report back.

Thanks
jason
13.9 while running means that your alternator is working properly. What is the reading not running after the car has set awhile? Like first thing in the morning? A weak battery can cause all kinds of random codes is the reason I’m asking. The battery being somewhat new doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good.
The resting voltage this morning (cold engine - 51 deg F ambient temp) was 12.44 Volts.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
-51 degree F , where are you located!!?? 12.4 is fine. Have you checked all the fuses preferably with a multimeter? Just put the probes on the two metal check points on top of each fuse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
-51 degree F , where are you located!!?? 12.4 is fine. Have you checked all the fuses preferably with a multimeter? Just put the probes on the two metal check points on top of each fuse.
That should be + 51 F degrees - in New Hampshire.
I visually checked each fuse. Will check again with multimeter. What setting should I use?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would use a tone setting making sure there is continuity Between each side of the fuse.
Ok. I set it to OHMs and found continuity across every fuse.

I also pulled the battery and had it tested at two different locations - Checked out OK. It's not a VW battery, but an aftermarket chain (O'Reilly's).

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
With the simple pretty much ruled out. Did you see this?

I couldn't find the second code so I'm not sure your code reader is picking up a correct valid vw code. However it does appear the two codes you listed are related.

Any time you have codes this is the place to go and check them out, there are eight pages of codes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE - The # 5 fuse (7.5A) was faulty. Visually looked OK, but on another continuity check it showed it was broken. This stopped the parking brake alarm and eliminated the airbag lights, TPMS no communication issue, and restored outdoor temperature display above the rearview mirror.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts