VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I haven't gotten a response on the old thread, I decided to start a new one. When I turn on a/c button lights up, but single cooling fan on radiator does not run. VAG scan turns up:A/C Refrigerant Distribution Valve
P2612 - 004 - Short to Ground
There's no third fuse in the fuse bank on top of the battery. The wiring diagram in my Bentley Manual is worthless. Does anyone out there have an actual wiring diagram for this car. I'd like to test the fan before shelling out $500 clams for one aside from the fact that I'll probs have to change the refridgerant control valve built into the compressor...
Help Pleeeeaase!!!:(

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
P2612 A/C Refrigerant Distribution Valve Control Circuit Low

tsb # tt 97-07-92: 2007 volkswagen new beetle 2.5L a/c operation p2612 fault in ecm technical service bulletin

There is a tsb on this issue; I"m out the door but I will try to find the tsb for you... later tonite. Be patient and I'll see what I can find in mitchell1 this evening....

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Turns out we have all data but not mitchel1 in our shop; I'm having a hard time finding the TSB online.

What's scanner are you using is it a Volkswagen type like VCDS? If you do; I would think it would give you a more specific VW code that could be looked up and give you more specific info:

ross tech wiki:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using a Ross Tech and the actual code is 009746. I'm getting other various faults. Like "no communication to ABS brake control module" and "no communication with airbag control module". The no fan operation concerns me most as the warm weather is upon us and I'm sure I will overheat!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
None of these fan procedures apply to my car. I have a single fan, not two. There is an integrated fcm and the connector has four connections . Two large spade and two small.The fan and controller retail for about $500. I've attached the printout. When I try to scan the engine tab of the vscd it does not connect..

Attachments

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
This is a online manual for a 2007 BPR engine code; New Beetle, I would assume it would similar... if not the same as a 2008:

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPR) (2007) > Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - Cooling System > Radiator Cooling Fan Control Module > Component Information > Locations

Hit "next" to see more pages and look on the left; for wiring diagrams:

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPR) (2007) > Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - Cooling System > Radiator Cooling Fan Control Module > Component Information > Diagrams > Diagram Information and Instructions

fan control module wiring diagrams; hit "next" and look on the left for diagrams:

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPR) (2007) > Engine, Cooling and Exhaust > Cooling System > Radiator Cooling Fan > Radiator Cooling Fan Control Module > Component Information > Diagrams > Diagram Information and Instructions

Radiator Cooling Fan Temperature Sensor / Switch: (hit "next" and look on the left for the diagrams)
http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswa...ensor/switch/component_information/locations/

hvac system: look to the left for subsections, diagrams etc

http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswa...iagrams/diagram_information_and_instructions/

VCDS SCAN:

the two first codes; do not come up on the ross tech wiki but the last one does:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16497/P0113/000275

You might post your complete scan here at this discussion thread; they are the ross tech people and might have some answers for you:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?510-VAG-COM-Diagnostic-Forum

Lastly, you could do a hard reset and see what codes, come back (if any). Remove neg/post battery cables and touch for 30 seconds, reinstall and see if anything changes and what codes pop back up (typically a "hard failure") and you can start troubleshooting from there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much for the links!!! I finally have enough solid information to track down this problem. 'been raining here, but I'll get back to it next week. I'll post my findings soon.
Thanks again,
Zeeb

·
Registered
1 Posts
What fixed the 009746 / p2612 error?

What fixed the 009746 / p2612 error? I have the same error for my AC. Checked the fuse and seems ok

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I replaced the cooling fan at great expense and it was a real PITA. This seemed to fix everything for a few weeks, but the fan is not working again and the a/c is also dead!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still haven't found an accurate wiring diagram for the cooling fan. This is the single fan with attached control unit. It connects with a four pin plug at the bottom. Two of the connections are 12V supply. The two smaller I have no idea. I was under the impression that the fan would come on full speed when the a/c button was depressed, but this is not the case. does anyone out there know the actual route of the wiring to the fan??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Single Fan 2.5L A4 question

Hi Zeebo,
I am in the same predicament that you had in this thread. This is my wife's 2010 2.5L New Beetle that has a single fan and it does not overheat but the A/C won't turn on. I actually work for AHM Honda/Acura Tech Line but I don't know these VW's at all.
I am hoping you can answer a couple of questions?
-Key On, Engine OFF and A/C switch ON and Blower Sw On..should the fan run in low speed? This seems to be the logic used by 2 fan system but not sure if same for these.
-Did you ever find an accurate schematic? I too see those 4 wires to the fan motor but they are all black and who knows what is what.
-Did you ever solve the problem on this one?
Thanks for any info you can provide.

Delacruz7

·
volks r cool
279 Posts
Re: fan

Billmade--u said.....Lastly, you could do a hard reset and see what codes, come back (if any). Remove neg/post battery cables and touch for 30 seconds, reinstall and see if anything changes and what codes pop back up (typically a "hard failure") and you can start troubleshooting from there.
What do u mean by remove neg battery postcable...then touch for 30 secs.then reinstall?..If u r already connected for 30 secs?...plz xplain in detail...I'am confused....thnx..u r pretty informed here on the bug forum,...ur a sharp guy!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Hey, to me a "hard reset",; is removing the positive and nag stove battery cables , touching them together for 30 seconds. Then put them back on the battery and this clears the ecu memory. Done! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
volks r cool
279 Posts
re:Hard Reset

Thnx so much Billymade on the clarification on doing the hard reset....touching both leads OFF the battery together is the complete method for a Hard reset....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering if you got your a/c working. I'm having the same issue. Single cooling fan that turns on when actuated with dealer diagnostic tool. P2612 is the only code, and VW techs think issue is with wiring.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
19044/P2612/009746 - Ross-Tech Wiki

19044/P2612/009746
Contents [hide]
1 19044/P2612/009746 - A/C Refrigerant Distribution Valve: Short to Ground
1.1 Possible Symptoms
1.2 Possible Causes
1.3 Possible Solutions
1.4 Special Notes
19044/P2612/009746 - A/C Refrigerant Distribution Valve: Short to Ground

Possible Symptoms
Air Conditioner Compressor fails to operate
Possible Causes
Faulty wiring or connection(s) to the N280 - A/C Compressor Regulator Valve
Faulty N280 - A/C Compressor Regulator Valve
Possible Solutions
Repair Wiring or Connection(s) to the N280 - A/C Compressor Regulator Valve
Replace A/C Compressor or N280 - A/C Compressor Regulator Valve (if available)
Special Notes
When found in VW New Beetle with 2.5L, check the wiring and the 4-pin connector near the starter for damage or stress.
The molded connection on the N280 - A/C Compressor Regulator Valve can become brittle, allow corrosion of the pins and fail, especially if the lower engine cover is missing. Inspect the N280, internal resistance of the N280 is about 10Ω (some models may differ).

·
Bugger Since 67
66 Posts
Thanks; first helpful information I've found all day after wasting $100 on troubleshooting at an AC shop!

·
34 Posts
AC problem

I start by saying I have spent about $400 so far on trying to fix my AC problem. It started by cooling intermittently and then not at all. As I read on all different sights, on what to do, this is what I replaced and none of them fixed my problem, compressor, ambient temp sensor, pressure switch ( I only have one, no low pressure switch), Freon level, and no power to the compressor. I bought a cooling fan control module thinking that might be it and once I tore into by engine compartment and removing the battery try, I have no remote control module. Mine is part of the fan, several places I looked like All data are wrong, 2009 only has one fan and the cooling control module is part of the fan, bummer My question to anyone out there that has knowledge, is this my problem, BTY the fan doesn't come on when the AC is turned on, if so, does anyone know where I can get an assembly at a reasonable price?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts