NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While idling my car revs lightly between 1-2,000 rpm hose breach air leaks, anyone? Kindly

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Can you expound on your problem? The most common 2.5L vacuum leak; comes from the pcv or the vacuum pump.

You can get a diaphragm repair kit form Dorman or RKXtech; a full valve cover, is another option but costs more.

Give us some more info and any trouble codes, you are getting, we can go from there. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s all I got, I had vacuum pump replaced been bout a month now. Some high revving going on during down shifts sometimes

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
What about; any trouble codes? Did you watch the HM video and check the pcv? Checking live data (fuel trim), trouble codes and testing things will be required, to find the issue. More history and info, about what you have done to the car, then results of testing things, will help you work through a process of elimination, then we can try to help, as you work through things.

Guessing, then getting out the parts cannon; "throwing parts at the problem", sometimes works and you get lucky. Many times, you can waste money on parts; that don't need replaced. Testing and troubleshooting; doing your best to logically, work through a problem, takes time, effort, research and can be a challenge! That process, is typically; the best way to figure out the problem and finally "fix" the car. YOU CAN DO IT! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah guys really appreciative of your time but just can’t make the time my life’s got me in a different “grip”I wish I could do nothing but work on my rig ☹

1 - 6 of 6 Posts