VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta 2010 2.5L n/a New Beetle I want all the horse power it will give with the appropriate mods keeping it naturally aspirated. So i guess that’s top end stuff?
Air intake and manifold, exhaust header mod, higher flow exhaust mod, a tune. Is there a discussion bout this? Any guidance on this would be awesome

·
Registered
15,063 Posts
There are tunes and improved intakes for the 2.5L; not as popular to tune, as say the 1.8T but they are out there. You might check out the 2.5L engine section; on vwvortex, which is mod oriented, ask for feedback and see, what people have done there.

Integrated Engineering, APR, and others offer tunes, hardware upgrades, turbo kits from C2 Motorsports, 034 Motorsports.

As always, performance enhancements are always available; it just depends, on how much you want to spend and balance that desire out with reliablity. Performance, tends to degrade reliability and wear; so, keep that in mind, when deciding to tune your VW.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thanks, joined the vortex at best confusing aborting that
But your suspicions are very helpful thank you

·
Black Velvet
1,120 Posts
I have a 07 and I just went the tuning route. You can also upgrade your intake manifold as well. Bluewater performance and Unitronic are some good examples.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,299 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 07 and I just went the tuning route. You can also upgrade your intake manifold as well. Bluewater performance and Unitronic are some good examples.
Tried a Unitronic dealer they didn’t have anything for my car less I was “ keeping it n/a though

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, so mind share what you’ve done in way of tuning and mods, is it n/a?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah there is the issue with my hydraulic steering system
What tuning Mavericks have manifold kits for my n/a 2.5L non electric steering “pain in the ass”?

·
buggernaut
1 Posts
Gotta 2010 2.5L n/a New Beetle I want all the horse power it will give with the appropriate mods keeping it naturally aspirated. So i guess that’s top end stuff?
Air intake and manifold, exhaust header mod, higher flow exhaust mod, a tune. Is there a discussion bout this? Any guidance on this would be awesome
There are some things you can do. I straight piped mine, I’m running an APR stage one tune, and actually threw on a hood scoop and redid the intake so it functions as a RAM/cold air intake. Currently it peaks at a mean 230 hp. It has good throttle response thanks to the tune and even though it’s a little slow in the 1-2000rpm range once it gets up to 3k it hauls ass. It’s a hair faster than a stock WRX in temps under 60 degrees lol. And that is not bad for a “stock” non-tuner car. You just have to get creative and think outside the box bc besides tunes there’s not a lot of aftermarket inventory. Good luck tho! I know I’m a little late to the convo but wanted to let you know there’s light at the end of the tunnel! :)

Hoping to be running a 50hp shot of nitrous too to edge out some more speed in those early RPMs but waiting for the bank account and don’t want to strain the trans too much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are some things you can do. I straight piped mine, I’m running an APR stage one tune, and actually threw on a hood scoop and redid the intake so it functions as a RAM/cold air intake. Currently it peaks at a mean 230 hp. It has good throttle response thanks to the tune and even though it’s a little slow in the 1-2000rpm range once it gets up to 3k it hauls ass. It’s a hair faster than a stock WRX in temps under 60 degrees lol. And that is not bad for a “stock” non-tuner car. You just have to get creative and think outside the box bc besides tunes there’s not a lot of aftermarket inventory. Good luck tho! I know I’m a little late to the convo but wanted to let you know there’s light at the end of the tunnel! :)

Hoping to be running a 50hp shot of nitrous too to edge out some more speed in those early RPMs but waiting for the bank account and don’t want to strain the trans too much.
Thanks for sharing, was wondering if you mind listing the specifics of your mods or pics of what sounds like...I mean 230 hp? I no; the tune though to pull it together. So exhaust, is that aftermarket flex/down pipe, high flow cat’ to straight or no cat’, Rez’ etc? Pics of this rig? 😃

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for sharing, was wondering if you mind listing the specifics of your mods or pics of what sounds like...I mean 230 hp? I no; the tune though to pull it together. So exhaust, is that aftermarket flex/down pipe, high flow cat’ to straight or no cat’, Rez’ etc? Pics of this rig? 😃

1 - 14 of 14 Posts