NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom owns a 2007 Beetle with the 2.5L 5cyl and has had a lot of problems lately. I enjoy working on cars, but she's moved from Kansas city to St. Louis and I can't really run down there and fix her car. Not only that, but I've never worked on anything newer than a 2002 volvo s40.

She had the MAF and plugs changed at the dealer because she was having intermittent problems with the engine running rough and dieing. After that, she still has the same problem. Now they want $600 to change the PCV valve (or whatever it is in this vehicle) because it's built into the valve cover. She asked me if it was something I could do, and I told her the truth, I have no idea :) I think the dealership is just throwing guesses at it, but with the price of these parts it's getting kind of stupid.

Does anyone know if my understanding is right? that this PCV valve like valve is part of the valve cover?

if so what is the part number? any idea on actual street price?

and last but not least, is it covered by anything that's really difficult to remove? an air box or something isn't a big deal, but I don't really feel like removing an intake manifold or a bunch of other crap. Seeing as how it took someone an hour to change the battery in this car, I have no idea what a normal person CAN fix themselves on these things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, that's it! Thankyou for the direction. i think I came across this before but I wasn't sure if it was what I was looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts