NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, super frustrating trying to find these items, I went to the dealership and for the four items the price over $300 (they would not give me the part numbers). I normally have good luck with Rockauto but could not find the items, any help is greatly appreciated either part numbers, correct names of the items and even links would be amazing!

Please see the two pictures, basically I need to replace the two rubber PCV hoses and then the two plastic hoses (super brittle) which I believe are Turbo related. If you see anything else that should be replaced feel free to let me know!

The link below is my introduction post

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Most hoses, have the VW part #; actually imprinted on them and this is a solid way, to identify what you need. Once you have the part #'s; you can search for them online. We have found that genuine VW hoses; are the most expensive source for these but there are quality aftermarket versions available. I have found two sources; for many hoses for the New Beetle, CRP/Rein and Gates, both of which, I have purchased and installed on my New Beetle with success, so far no issues with their quality. CRP/Rein, tends to be made in Turkey and Gates, made in the USA with a lifetime warranty.

You can search for the hoses; by application or try cross referencing the VW part #, see if they come up in the online catalogs of either vendor.

Gates: click on the red button: "vehicle parts search":

I have found, that I was able to get CRP/Rein hoses from my local Autozone and for Gates, your local O'Reilly's Auto parts store. Search online for better prices; I found RockAuto, had Gates hoses for good prices and many other sources, like Amazon, etc.

For the small vacuum hoses; you could just get raw hose by the foot from most auto parts stores or upgrade to some longer lasting silicone hose.

·
Registered
43 Posts
SAI quick connect hose , runs from Secondary Air Injection pump to the combi-valve. (Green line in photo)the other (red circles in photos) pancake valve, upper breather/PCV, brake booster vacuum/check valve one way bypass vacuum lines, much of this can be replaced with 034Motorsports Billet Aluminum block breather adapter and silicone upper and lower breather hoses, UROtuning sells kits with catch can and without catch can for early AWP/AWV 058 engine and late AWP/AWV 06A engines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
The secondary air injection hoses; are particularly prone to cracking and become very brittle from the heat of the engine compartment. There have been some sources for these; coming from the aftermarket, on some VW's like the more popular Golf, Jetta, Passat, etc. but many times, the New Beetle is left out with only the VW dealer offering these as a replacement part. I DO NOT recommend; getting these from VW, as they are expensive and quickly, become brittle and break once again! I know this from my own personal experience; after replacing these hoses with genuine VW parts and having them fail again, I figured, there HAD to be another option, for these over priced hoses.

Searching, at my local True Value hardware store; I found in the plumbing dept., some hoses of the same diameter and they had the same flexible ribbed characteristics, as the stock VW versions. The plastic used, was more flexible and is made of a poly material, that is not prone to getting brittle like the genuine VW ones do.

You can find this hose, under "sump pump discharge hose" or "dishwasher drain hose", etc.

I got mine at my local Ace hardware store and then, lately, at my local Lowe's home improvement store.

Take your old hose with you; to match up the right size. After you get the replacement hose; you can remove the plastic ends of your old VW hose and push them onto the new ones, I wrapped mine with electrical tape to seal them off and they are fine, after a number of years, of use. You could probably, use other methods of sealing or keeping them secure; glue, epoxy, etc but electrical tape was what I had on hand and have had no issues since installation.

The last hoses I did, I decided to use some PEX crimp clamps; for a more professional stock look and these worked great! You can find these in the plumbing dept; of hardware store or home improvement stores: (I believe, I used the lighter "Apollo" brand versions of the clamps; that are thinner and not as tough to crimp, as you are just trying to keep the ends on and not seal the hoses for something like coolant, oil, etc.).

The first time I got the replacement discharge hose; it was black colored, like the stock VW hoses and looked fine but the last time, I could only fine the hose white. To match the stock VW hoses; I bought some plastic specific black paint, scuffed the hoses with a scotch brite pad, wiped the hose off with thinner and spray painted them with excellent results.

I believe, I used Rustoleum for plastic spray paint with good results from my local Walmart:

The sump hose with the attached stock ends/connectors, looks great and performs the same as the stock hoses. If you aren't looking really close; the untrained eye, would not know the difference and that do not look out of place at all. I consider this a very economical and solid fix, I have installed this on my personal car and a customers car without any issues whatsoever!

So, buying Gates hoses and some hardware store sump pump hose; you should be able, to fix all your issues and get you back on the road, for much less, then the VW dealer parts. I hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should be able to find these on ECS Tuning’s website or 034’s website. 034’s hose are silicone which should make them last longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts