VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I picked up this Beetle for $300 last week as a project. It would turn over and not start.After i got it home I unplugged the MAF and it ran fine. After cleaning the maf it still didnt correct the issue so i replaced it yesterday with a Bosch MAF and it ran fine all night last night. Went to the store today and on the return home it died. It was doing the same thing so i unplugged the new MAF and it fired right up. It has not kicked a code yet or turned on the check engine light so I wonder if it has a deeper issue in the ECM. Thoughts ? There are also several things like the ABS light and brake light on but i will attempt to repair those after a full reading of this forum.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
So, you have scanned the car and there are no codes at all? What scan tool; are you using? Have you checked; the maf and fuel trim readings? Are they normal? No start conditions; are typically, ignition, fuel (failing fuel pump, dirty throttle body), immobilizer (immo light blinking?) or electrical related (sometimes; the ignition switch will fail).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts