VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my beetle a month ago. It ran fine but had very bad exhaust. So I put a eBay 3 inch kit on it from the turbo back and a new Bosch O2 sensor upstream. Changed the oil (mobile 1) Ngk spark plugs and a new air filter. now after putting a spacer on the downstream sensor I no longer get the catalyst code PO420 , however going down the expressway around 3000 RPM I go into a soft limp mode. I can clear the codes with my scanner and it snaps out of it for about half the day. I changed out the diverter valve but that didn't change anything. The N75 ohm's out ok as well and all the hoses seem to be in good shape. Any other thoughts I'm going nuts.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
What code numbers are you getting with limp mode?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the strange thing I'm not getting any codes or CEL. I only have a very generic scanner though . It will say no codes but asked me if I want to erase and I do it then it runs fine for about an hour and then goes back into a soft limp. I think I'm going to have to take it to the dealership to get scanned.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
Or find someone local with VAG-COM or other VW specific scan tool. The generic scanners don't always pick up all codes, even in relation to limp mode. I've had that happen myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts