NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone ive been trying to get my beetle back up and running for awhile now and i have a few questions.. the mechanic that i have working on the car is stating that the abs module is causing my beetle to throw a lot of transmission codes like p0730, p0722. i had the transmission replaced(rebuilt) as i stated in another thread. I was wondering if anyone would know can the module actually affect the transmission as in putting the car in the wrong gear ? i hoping there is something else i can do instead of paying big bucks for a new module

ive been trying to repair this car for the last 4 months there has been nothing but one problem after another and i would like to finally have this car running normal again...

·
Registered
206 Posts
As far as I know, the ABS module shouldn't affect anything mechanically regarding the transmission. The only feedback between the 2 I can imagine is the traction control. Is your mechanic using a VAGCOM to access the transmisson/brake module?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know, the ABS module shouldn't affect anything mechanically regarding the transmission. The only feedback between the 2 I can imagine is the traction control. Is your mechanic using a VAGCOM to access the transmisson/brake module?
My mechanic has been using a vagcom ive had alot of issues with codes and i actually ended up getting the module replaced thinking it would fix alot of the problems.. i picked the car up this morning and everything seemed great but while driving home tonight on the highway i noticed that the car was over reving. i was doing 60 and the rpms was alil over 4000.. ive had alot of work done on this car including a transmission rebuild and im lost as to what the problem is now .. if you have any information that can help.. thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts