NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to troubleshoot a friends 2000 vw beetle 1.8t that was running very rough upon acceleration,and yesterday new plugs were installed,also a gas cap and fuel filter by someone else. the code shows a PO445. Now after that was done it seems to be missing on the #2 cylinder.I checked by pulling each fuel injector wire clip one at a time to try and locate which cylinder.#2 made no difference while running when pulled injector clip. would that be more likely to be a bad injector? Or could it be something else like a coil pack? Thank you much!!

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
My guess would be coilpac.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
An easy way to troubleshoot a bad coil pack,is to move the 1 that you think is bad to a different cylinder, and see if the misfire follows it.
But, usually it is a coil pack. There was a guy here who had some for sale a while back in parts and accessories, for dirt cheap he had 3 good ones for sale.
Sent:)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
coil packs

their not that expensive if you buy them online. If you go to the dealer now that's another story. I just bought two last summer for around $20 a piece at germanautoparts.com, switch them around to find the bad one cause they get hairline cracks sometimes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts