VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I am posting in the right place and not repeating threads.

I am brand new to beetles and have been having such a hard time finding a new radio for my car. I was trying to find a radio with GPS and basically all the bells and whistles. Nothing seems to fit though. My car still has the original radio and everything works but I am in need of something a little more.

Any suggestions or just point me in the right direction would be great.

This is what I was originally looking at:
Power Acoustik 1DIN GPS Navigation, DVD, CDMP3, AMFM Receiver w Bluetooth & 7" LCD Multi PDN-726B - Best Buy

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was used to the amenities on my 2013 Passat TDI SEL while I owned it. When I got my current Beetle recently I wanted to have those items back. I went this route.

Kenwood KDC-BT762HD with BT and HD radio. I bought an old Garmin 255W off CL for $25 and used the bud vase holder sold here. This is primarily backup as I use Google nav on my smart phone mostly. I have a powered phone holder from ProClip that mounts to the grab bar. BT to the stereo it can stream music and voice directions from the Google nav app as well as handle hands free phone calls (required in a lot of places now and a good idea anyway). That services about all my needs. I got the stereo from Crutchfields with installation items included. About $150.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So how did the installation go?

On another note, I am still having a terrible time finding what I would like.

I think I am going to just need to get a new dash that allows double din. I have not found any for sale though. I am not savvy enough to make one myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts