Spark plug wires -1 day
Air filter2 weeks -2 weeks
Oil/ Oil Filter -1 week
Cataytic converter -1 day

Code p0301 p0303
Missfire cylinder 1 and 3.

Checked all the fuses and they're fine.

I'm not sure as where to go next.

The cataytic converter was bad i could tell, i really thought it was that. The inside was moving around when i took it off and would rattle in low rpms. Replaced and not the problem.

So any input of this would be really appriciated. Thanks!

·
Who is John Galt?
695 Posts
If you're using an OBDII code reader, you probably ought to seek out someone with VAG-COM to get a better diagnosis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Thinking about ordering one. Wanting to clear the old air bag light.

Any ideahs of what I can do without going to the shop?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I took it to the shop. Hopefully they will get to it in the morning. I'll get back to you guys to tell you what was wrong. Maybe it will help someone in the future.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Found a few internet entries for P301, P302 etc etc which were difficult to cure. I didn't find a resolution while browsing!

I did come across this though :

01 02-07 10/25/02 Golf, Jetta, Jetta Wagon, New Beetle w/ 2.0L (AZG adn AVH), 2002 Misfire, Incorrect Cylinder Identified by ECM Software Fault codes P0300 along with P0301, P0302, P0303, or P0304 stored in DTC memory. (ECM reports incorrect cylinder that misfires.)

I would have your plugs out one at a time and review their condition. This may indicate which cylinders do have problems if the above applies to your car.

If certain cylinders aren't firing properly then it's probably a coil pack change.

With these error codes not the AMM, or catalytic convertor or lambda sensors or an intake leak although there is no harm in checking all pipework.

good luck, Ian

·
Super smart senior member
857 Posts
Are you sure you have your coils connected correctly?

Try disconnection your 1 and 3 lines from the coil to see if it still misfires

When you say your ignition coil is new is your distributor new also?

If all else fails you might have a real bad pressure leak and might need to do a pressure test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts