NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 Beetle A/C was recently repaired. I just had the under dash Fan Blower replaced and noticed the fan blows on all the speeds (high, med, low). Unfortunatly, it's not blowing out the vents. I can hear the fan funning from low to high when I turn the dash a/c fan switch, but it barely comes out the vents no matter what setting it is on. My mechanic said it was working properly when he completed the job. Before, I had the fan replaced it blew out the vents as it should on all the different speeds, I had it replaced because it was making very loud noises and was told it needed to be replaced. It seems to me as if the vents are bloced at the source or something that should open to allow the air to pass to the vent is not properly working.
If I close all the vents but one, I can feel more air, but it is clearly not pushing the air as hard as it should, the fan blower does sound like it on high but their is no difference in air flow when you hold a hand to vent no matter the speed.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
There was a technical bulletin for, and I believe they called it the "Blend Door"; the blend door lever is secured by plastic clips that break easily and then the door will not open/close properly which can block/redirect the air flow.

I suggest that you have your mechanic check it as they may have broken it inadvertently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts