NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
genuineindividual.com
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awh:(
I don't wanna sell my car but I have to. I need a car that I can afford to keep fixing! I want her to go to someone who loves beetles because she deserves it.

I bought my car new so its only had one owner! Most of the miles are highway miles from driving back and forth between cleveland and chattanooga for 4 years. She has 203,055 as of this posting.
I've ONLY put synthetic oil in her and have a record of all the work that has ever been done on her.
She has been in a fender bender once. (it was my fault :( but has been fully repaired and it didn't affect the engine)
I've owned my car for 11 years and am ready to pass it on to someone who can afford her and take good care of her!
She is a TDI GLS
aka a diesel mid-model car that gets A M A Z I N G mileage!! up to 38mpg highway!!!
Sunroof, Automatic windows (although one is kind of slow to roll up) and doors and alarm system (which is also quirky--the drivers side door alarm thingie needs to be replaced but the alarm still works. i'd just have to show u)
Blue Car, Grey Cloth interior

Customized sound system, (yes, she sounds great, I am an audiophile) She has a 6 disc cd changer in the back that is not hooked up as I have an in dash after market radio with mp3/auxillary input
Customized panzer plate.
Basically what this is is a special 1/4" piece of aluminum which is welded underneath the car to protect the engine. (they were the same price as a replacement plastic piece so i went with the panzer)

Customized doors. The doors have been painted on by VON HOT ROD himself at Bug-A-Palooza last year!!!! He did it for me for free ;)
ummmmm she needs new tires? my mechanic priced some Khumos for me at 472.00 mounted and balanced out the door. I'll price that right to you.
Please call and or text or email if you have any questions.
Located in Chattanooga, TN
423.432.five0five6
Ask for Sarah
Thank you for looking!!

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Nice pinstriping. :) Is it an auto? 38 mpg highway for a 2000 diesel (ALH engine I believe) is a little on the low side. Good luck with the sale.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,922 Posts
What was so expensive about her? When was the timing belt done last? Some other pics of the car might be good too. Price?

·
genuineindividual.com
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SORRY! She's an automatic
I have a record of all the work that's been done on her.
I forget when the timing belt was done last but i go to the same mechanic and he always takes care of me on time.
I was asking 4k obo

its not that shes expensive, its that i'm broke!!!
i've got the broke artist affect. :confused:

:p :)

I'm working on getting more photos. I just posted this last night and it was all dark n stuff so != photos ;)

·
genuineindividual.com
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will post some pictures next reply:)
If she sold i'd have to have her detailed first and my stickers removed. unless you wanted her as she is hehe :p
The reason shes so expensive to fix is because I'm a broke artist and shes an expensive german car. I can't do any of the work myself (wish i could!) and I've been going to the same mechanic for years.
This last time my mother actually had to help me out.
I figure if I'm still needing help paying for her, she's not the car for me.

Andy at Southside Auto 423-267-3364 M-F
you can call and ask him about the work he's done on the panzer plate and the history of her. He knows I'm looking to sell. If serious please email me at ladyblink at gmail before u call so I can tell you my name haha :)

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I may have someone that would be interested in your Beetle. Too bad it's an automatic otherwise I may even be interested but there are too many issues with early model VW Automatic transmissions and they are more expensive to fix than the engine. Please post a few more pics of your car. Can't really get a good look at it by hiding it behind the sign of that Pin Stripe dude. Did you get pinstriping done just on the inside or also on the outside?
You may also want to check with your mechanic on when the last timing belt service was performed. It looks like it might be do again unless it was performed recently. Prospective buyers probably would want to know that.
Good luck and I will send this information to my friend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts