NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - looking for people owing a real " CUP EDITION BEETLE " to exchange information on the cars! Have established a web page with lots of information on the cars but still lagging real trustful updates on many questions about these cars!
Would be great to get some feedback and some proof of the root source of theses cars, which like all BEETLE is the factory in " Mexico " and then was reworked / upgraded by the "PILOT Department" in Puebla to the look everyone enjoys so much. Sadly there are only a few cars left due to the lagging servicability in the emirates ! ... no spare parts for these models available anywhere & specially not in the UAE.
Both my cars are in Germany now - the blue one legally registered for the rods!

Here some details of my investigations so far . : https://www.cupbeetle.com

·
Registered
11,813 Posts
Well, as you noted; we would have some new members, from the middle east, join this site and discuss their car in the past. From what they said and the info I found online; these seemed to be "detuned" with a the 1.8T engine and not the VR6 all wheel drive, the like the "true" RSi model, these seemed to have the standard 5 speed 02J tranmission. Based upon what I have heard and read on your website; it seemed like a typically New Beetle Turbo S with a AWP code 1.8T; a 5 speed and the interior and body panels from the RSi, plus the special "stickers" put on the side, to identify this particuar "special edition".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Txs 4 the rsponse Mate, ... yes - these infos are known & millions more rumours . The cars were built specially for the UAE importers & for the Millennium year only. I lived in UAE when they arrived!
What I'm looking for is real PROOF of following :
a) How many exactly were built ( 80 OR 100 units ??)
b) The VIN numbers of the upgraded cars which were reworked ( I know that the VIN #'s are NOT in SEQUENCE but possibly in sequence per color at least?
c) Most important a proof that the cars were reworked in Mexico Puebla - by the PILOT Department!
I do have " Verbal Confirmation " of people still working there and been part of the group having reworked the cars there! They confirmed during a visit in Wolfsburg Germany.
But I was too late to get hold on them and ask more questions .... a contact to someone working at the PILOT department in Puebla would be the solution & answer to all rumours around out there I assume?
Only after above questions can be proofed these cars will become "real collectors items"! Right now they are only eye catchers & the dream of some " New Beetle " freaks :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts