NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bug Lover
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all. So purchased my 1st nb last Thursday. Been quite the experience so far. Driving it home, alternator light popped on. Drove straight to my fav vw shop. Alt wiring harness burned to a crisp. That in turn damaged the alt. The previous owner had replaced the alt twice already. Saturday, was driving around town when, wait for it....., cel ! I am sitting at the shop right now. They have already found an issue with an air pump, turbo putting out too much power, and airbag isn't communicating properly. Can I cry now?

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Oh, please don't cry. Than I will have to cry with you.:p Obviously the previous owner did not love this poor little Beetle very much. Now you are bearing the brunt of their laziness. :mad:
I also had to deal with the previous owners lack of attention with my DaZee when I first bought her last August.
I can totally understand your frustration.
But, once you get the issues fixed, it will all be payed back ten-fold in how much fun you have driving it around.

Oh and WELCOME to the org. Everyone on here is nice, and they can be more than supportive, be it moral, or mechanical support that is needed. Best of luck to you.
Keep us informed..and start a photo thread in the Photo Gallery! Everyone loves pictures on here.
Barb

·
He who walks on Ice!
106 Posts
I'm so sorry that you are having this problem. Where do you live? Did you buy it from a used car dealership? Sounds like the codes were erased to sell it. The secondary pump usually is a vacuum leak, the turbo pushing pressure like that is do to a boost control problem with ur DV. The alternator wires burning sounds like either a bad ground or a short. You mechanic will know all of this.

·
Bug Lover
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm in dallas area. i know the bug is in good hands-i always took my aircooled bugs to them. the whole situation is disappointing though. i just wanted a good, relatively inexpensive, reliable vehicle that looked nice. if i wanted to spend this much $$, i would have bought newer, and possibly from dealership.

whawha-i know. get over it

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Well, once you get it back to normal (and I am glad you adopted that New Beetle), your NB will repay you with thousands of fun miles. :)

Good luck to you, and Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Welcome to the org!

Oh, I´m sorry to hear about your misfortunes with your NB :(
Well, I´m sure that you will get everything solved and after that... There are lots of wonderful miles ahead of you! :)

Trust us; it is a nice little car ;)

Greetings from Finland!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts