NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE LOVE IT !!!
But the paint is fading and we need to know what to do about it, and it needs music inside! Any suggestions ? We'd appreciated anyone dropping us a line on these topics!

[email protected]

Thanks everyone !;)

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Could we see some pics of the paint?

It could be wax buildup, or it could actually be fading.

My cyber green bug is faded badly, but, I wax it a ton so it looks like it just drove out of the showroom painted a less-bright cyber green.

Anyway, getting it painted this summer I hope..

SMG

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
I haven't heard anyone complain of fading paint. :confused:

Did you buy used? Perhaps the previous family didn't keep it clean and waxed. :( Perhaps they waxed too much! :p Buildup can make your paint look faded. If you can, post pics of this.

Welcome to the Org! :wave2: And Congratulations to you for your New Beetle TDI! :party:

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Welcome to the family! The newbeetle.org family and the TDI family :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Original owner told us . . .

This car was never waxed. They had purchased a "clear coat" from the dealer who told them it would never need waxing with the clear coat! It feels like raw paint to the touch. Thinkin about Dupont #7 polish first, then wax. Any suggestions?

Thanks to all!

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Welcome!!! :banana:

I would suggest starting a post in the Detailing and Cleaning section - you'd probably get a little more traffic in that forum from folks that really know their waxes that might not frequent the new member forum....
http://newbeetle.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

You can also search the "Old Forums" to see if anyone had similar issues and how they solved them... (we just moved to these new forums a couple weeks ago and we have years worth of information in the old forums)
http://forums.newbeetle.org/search.php

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I know of a greenie in Va that had some paint fade too, and she is a VERY religious detailer.
Tunes? Got iPod?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eeyore said:
my 2000 tdi Batik blue is looking good.

welcome to the dark side my soot making friend :)

enjoy those 40+ MPG :) :) :)
Have you had glow plug problems. I have a 1998 TDI and have had a lot of glow plug not meeting spec. My mechanic said the OEM g.p. were troublesome. What's your experience?
Mike

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
my 2000 has only blown 1 glow plug since I have owned it (30k over 2 years) if you are having recurring issues, do a search on tdiclub.com forums regarding the glow plug harness. yours might be corroded and getting bad connections. head to radio shack and get yourself some de-ox-it (about $15).

you can also purchase a new harness pigtail from www.tdiparts.com iirc. they are a very reputable dealer and I highly reccomend them for all your TDI maintenance needs.

Aaron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts