NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like $48 is the cheapest I can get a 2000 owners manual. Is there a source where one has been scanned that could be downloaded and printed out? The dealer wanted $130 for one! Yikes! Would a wrecking yard be another potention source for a used one?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Nevermind, looks like buying it on CD is just as expensive! Grr!
WHERE did you find these on CD? Real curious as I have never seen them, unless they are available from the dealer this way. Copyright issues, don't you know. And you won't find a download for the same reason! Yes, dismantlers sometimes have these available. I do handle OMs for resale, but don't currently have an '00. Go here:
http://newbeetle.org/forums/parts-accessories/48896-fs-owners-manuals-40-shipped.html

When I do get them in, I copy and make a .pdf file of the complete manual primarily for the purpose of answering other Orgers year and model specific questions. It takes about 8 hrs and I consume a black ink cartridge and 1/2 color cartridge per manual. It involves first, page by page copying, and then scanning into a file. I had a '00 but had to get it out without making the file. I then offer the .pdf's for a token contribution to help cover my hard costs. If you're not in a hurry, I will no doubt have another '00 come thru. Haven't been looking, as I have been real busy with my REAL business.

$48 is not a bad price for a used one; about what I sell them for. If you do buy from me, I also give you a .pdf file of the manual.

Many things do not change from year to year or model to model, such as the service schedule, you might find the basics you need here, in .pdf doc format.
http://newbeetle.org/forums/new-member-forum/51021-newbie-welcome-kit.html

MORAV

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got my manual off ebay for around $20.I passed on a couple of they because the price got higher than I was willing to pay.As MORAV said 40 isn't too bad most of them would get up around that price before the auction ended.I just got lucky on mine.

·
Montana Noob
11 Posts
I would be willing to attempt to scan my book.. it is for a 2000 1.8T.... dont know if that helps... and it is a deal at "make an offer for my time..." (sorry but i am keeping the original...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts