NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
VDub Noob
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals! I haven't posted in here in a while but I wanted to update y'all on a project that I am the senior mechanic on. I have been working on an electric Beetle project, converting it to solely electric. We are about 45% finished with the project. We just received our electric motor which is capable of 180ft/lbs of torque and zero horsepower. We purchased the AC-75 from HPEVS.com and the transmission mounting adapter plate and crank adapter for our application from CanEV.com. We received 24 L-Ion batteries from a company overseas. We are in the process of charging the batteries which takes anywhere from 6-8 hours. Tomorrow I get the task of installing the new clutch, flywheel, crank adapter, transmission mounting adapter and crank adapter to the electric motor. Here is what the car looks like now as it sits:

This is the transmission we got with the vehicle. When we separated the engine from the transmission, I found out that the chunk that came off the bottom of the transmission was "repaired" with JB Weld. Yes, JB Weld. We had the chunk welded and is good as new!

I will try to update on this post as much as I can and also shoot more pictures of the transmission and the electric motor.

·
Don't call me pumpkin...
221 Posts
:eek5: Whoa, that's cool.

p.s.
This 4.2l biturbo swapped 350Z in your sig... Is that an Audi 4.2l?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts