VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am about to drive this one off a cliff. 00 VW beetle 1.8T. I am having trouble with the power windows/sunroof/remote door locks/rear hatch. The other day I removed the head liner to have it done and repair a leak in the drain tube. After that I drove the car around a bit (headliner removed) and when I got home the power windows would not work, sun roof would not roll shut, remote key fob not unlocking/locking the doors and the rear power hatch does not work. Now mind you, I rolled down the windows and opened the sun roof before my ride with the automatic switches for each. I do have the Hays manual and went through the electrical system and checked the fuses related to the windows. I checked all the fuses in the panel. I also checked the circuit breaker and fuse that is in the relay panel under the dash by the steering column. I also checked the fuse panel on top of the battery. I have the VCDS scan tool and did a scan. The no new codes except the ones that where already there. (Mass air flow sensor fault)

The windows have power and will roll down or roll up when you lock/unlock the door via the key. I also removed the power on the battery to reset everything but that did nothing.

I am out of ideas on things to check.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts