VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone trying to come to a conclusion on how to fix my vw new beetle transmission. At first I bought the car with transmission problems and when I put it in to first gear I drove about 5 feet then just jumped to a sudden stop. at the time it R/N/1st. then first went out so I only had reverse/ neutral/ Park. I rebuilt the valve body with the some valve body repair kit of ebay, after that I replace all the solenoids with brand new one, put the special trans oil in it then put back together. Now it has Park/neutral/reverse/ 1st. I don't have another gear and if im in neutral and reverse it up to about 1200 rpm and shift it into drive it has a click into drive and then goes for about 3inches and then to a sudden stop. It has the abs code on the dash and the code I got was(abs hydraulic pump). So my question is are anyone's input on how to fix my issue would be greatly appreciated?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I am assuming; you have a 4 speed 01M transmission; installing a rebuild kit, has not always fixed valve body issues. A rebuilt valve body; by a pro shop, that specializes in these issues, has been a effective solution for many around here. On the other hand; you may have other problems as well. Here is a shop; that has good diagnostic info and he also, rebuilds valve bodies and 01Ms professionally. You might contact him; tell him what is going on and see what solutions, he has to offer.

Kansas City TDI:

01M faq's:

O1M FAQ | Kansas City TDI

valve body repair/rebuilding services:

01M or 01P Valve Body Repair $390 Labor + solenoids | Kansas City TDI

valve body r/r: NOTE: the importance; of the accuracy of the torque specs (inch pounds not ft pounds), as it can actually cause some valves to be stuck and thus, the transmission will not shift like it should. Did you torque your valve body correctly with a high quality, accurate torque wrench and to factory specs?

01M Valve Body Removal and Reinstalation | Kansas City TDI

Please let us know; what he offers to you as a solution and what you do next, in your repair process.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts