Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there guys,

As sad as I am to sell this car, it's time for me to move on. I have no time/money left to work on the car, and I just want a change.

Manual transmission, sunroof, black leather interior, heated seats. It has about 130,000 miles on it, but still runs great. As I'm sure you all know, the turbo on these cars is AMAZING. I'm the third owner (second, if you don't count the mechanic I bought it from who only had the car a week or so). The timing belt/water pump were replaced about 2 years ago, the A/C compressor was also done around that time (the air is ICE cold). New blend door ~3 years ago. Front and rear brakes and rotors are about 2 years old. Tires are almost 4 years old, but still have plenty of tread. All tie rods, struts, and shocks were just replaced in May, so the suspension is basically brand new. Spark plugs are about 2 years old, as are all engine coils (besides cylinder 1, which is only about 6 months old). Bluetooth and new radio were installed by me about a year ago. Catalytic converter was also replaced a little over a year ago. No real body damage, just a few scratches here and there (what do you expect for a 12-year-old car?). Also, the car has only been in Michigan for three years. It was previously a Florida-only car, so it's rust-free.

Considering the amount of money I've put into the car, and the condition it's in, I'm asking $5,000 OBO. I don't want to ship the car, but I'm willing to drive it out to someone within 300 miles or so (I'm in Ann Arbor, MI), if they can pay me in cash. Reply/PM me if interested :)

I apologize for the lack of interior pictures. I can get more if anyone is really interested.

SOLD!

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know my price sounds high, but I saw a very similar Beetle sell for 6k recently. Also, given the amount of work put into it, I didn't think it was unreasonable. I did say anyone interested was free to give me an offer. I have dropped the price, though. Thank you.

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
saw this on Craigslist , would love to have it but can't spend money right now :banghead: , and you're not far from me , which makes it worse :lol: :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I could give it to you, haha! I really wanted the car to go to an org member who will treat it right :( But alas, I need money for a new car...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awww! Well if I don't sell it soon, for some reason, I'll be sure to let you know :)

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
The first post is updated as Sold. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.