NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 beetle with 01 and up heated seats, the heated portion plugged in. The air bag plugs on the passenger side plugged in. The driver side didn’t. There is 3 wires on a yellow plug from the car, I think are for the side air bag in the seat? And 4 on the seat side? I have a red plug with 3 wires on the car side for the seat belt? And 4 in a yellow plug on the seat side.

Were could i find a wirring diagram for a 1999 beetle drivers side seat plugs? And a diagram for a 2001 or maybe 2004? Seat diagrams to compare too? Gladly do a follow up for others with this swap. Thanks Jamie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wired the side air bag ignitor up blue to yellow with blue stripe, black to yellow with green stripe, and brown to brown, cleared codes with millennium 70 scan tool, no more srs light however the seat belt light doesn’t come on with belt unbuckled even tried driving doesn’t seem to care? I only had two wires at the car brown and yellow for the seat belt, left the blue and green wires going to nothing? Why does the 02 and up have a 4 wire seat belt switch and the 99 only has 2 wires? I have a 05 diagram from auto zone but I’d love to see a 99 diagram for the seat belt warning lamp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts