NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace the brake discs and pads myself with some help as I'm a newbie to even basic car repair. I've been told all 4 calipers need to be replaced, all brake discs and pads. I put my reg # into a couple auto parts websites and found that even for my specific model there are several different sizes of each. I've checked the PR codes for my vehicle and there's nothing to do with brakes listed there. I don't want to have to pay the garage labor for something that I could do myself, but how do I know exactly what size to get? Is there any give& take on these things? One measurement on two of the brake pad options has 0.8mm difference, would that even matter?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
405 Posts

Yeah I know this site specializes in diesels however the brakes and other parts are the same.
Forget the cross drilled and slotted that’s for kids who want to be looked at. Fremax and Zimmerman are both made in Germany. No chinese crap there. Jurid , Mintex and TRW are all good pads I don’t believe any of them are chinese made, I’m not sure about their house brand, Hudson or Halten.

If you really are unsure just measure the diameter of your rotors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts