NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 2001 Beetle Glove box assemble in Black. i understand that most of the years are the same part #

Thank you
jim

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
They are, later years may have the aux jack for the radio ('06 on), in the complete assembly. the doors are the same. This one is currently running on eBay
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
and just tripped over another
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170751470553&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
Very rare to see black on eBay for much less money.

Just the doors are available from places such as www.ecstuning.com
Volkswagen New Beetle 2.0 > Interior > Dashboard > ES#300806 Glove Box Lid - Black - 1C1880882BA94

Other VW OE online sellers also, part number 1C1 880 882 BA94
A year ago they could be bought for <$135, gone up a bunch since then.

I did find this GB seller, who has a cream for cheap. I've sent them an email inquiring about availability of black, I'll let you know if I find out something positive.
Volkswagen Beetle Glove Box Lid LHD 1C1880882B08H* | eBay

There is a DIY on the Org for swapping the lock.
http://newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/34236-glovebox-lid.html#post560365

I too, need a replacement.

M.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update. Have corresponded with this GB Seller who has the cream door for cheap. No black ones currently, but has a stock coming in after the 1st. I'll keep everyone posted. Someone needs to jump on the cream one.

M.
Hello M.

Thank you

Please keep me posted on a Black one if it comes in
Merry Christmas

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Hey Jim - Just nailed this one on eBay, the next one is yours, or if I'm not happy with the condition of this one I'll let you know. Some fool put in a bid on this that was pending. Didn't know a good deal when he/she saw it. I nailed it with a BIN! Only been looking for a year. Wish I had bought the door new, a year ago, when they could be bought for $130.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts