NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my GFs 2001 Beetle has the 1.8T and has roughly 30,000 miles. The other day it set off a CEL and it is P0171 (lean bank 1). I have read all over the internet about this code and most say it is a vacuum leak, I used a smoke machine and ran it through the intake and it showed a leak in the vacuum suction pump right on top of the motor. So I was sure this was the cause for the CEL. I replaced the pump today with OEM clamps etc and reset the computer. My GF drove to her sisters and the light is BACK ON! The car seems to run fine, no hesitation or rough idle. Others say it could be the MAF, but wouldn't it run poorly if that was the case? I do not have a VAGcom, but if there is someone in the NE ohio with one that would want to hook it up for me to check the MAF I would be willing to pay them. I guess these could still be a vacuum leak but i really couldn't see anything and all the hoses look new etc. Any suggestion guys? My number is 216-536-1500 if anyone wants to shoot me a text with any suggestions or if you have a VAGCom and are close to me. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts