NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 beetle and the power windows will work for about 10 minutes after you unplug them and plug them back in, they will not work unless they are unplugged at the window motor and then plugged back in, they work with the key on or off and even the key taken out, any help on this would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
where is this convience control module?
I'm assuming D2B is referring to the Door Control Modules and not the Comfort System Central Control Module, as these are the typical failures. See attached .pdf

I don't have the '01 Owner's Manual in front of me, but I'm looking at an '02, which is probably the same as regards the power window operation. The windows should continue to operate wafter the ignition is turned off, until the key is removed, AND a door is opened. Are the windows operating from the outside with the key, as designed?

MORAV

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the windows quit working about 10 minutes after unplugging the window module and plugging it back in, they continue to work with the key in or out of the car, after they quit working you can still operate them with the key in the outside door handle. they also operate seperately, by that i mean that if you unplug the rh window module and plug it back in it will only work on the rh side and the lh side will not work until you do the same for the lh side, it seems to have something staying on in the car for a certain amount of time and then shutting off, it does not reset by simply turning the car off and then back on, the only way to reset it is to unplug the window modules, i have a wiring diagram but it does not get into the specifics of how the windows operate, whatever is causing the problem has to be the input power or ground being taken away after a few minutes but i cant find anything to support this, i am sure that it will be a simple fix when i find it, again, any help would be appreciated

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
I'm assuming D2B is referring to the Door Control Modules and not the Comfort System Central Control Module, as these are the typical failures. See attached .pdf

I don't have the '01 Owner's Manual in front of me, but I'm looking at an '02, which is probably the same as regards the power window operation. The windows should continue to operate wafter the ignition is turned off, until the key is removed, AND a door is opened. Are the windows operating from the outside with the key, as designed?

MORAV
Could be either, both or neither; however if the OP's description is right and the window works after you unplug and plug the wire harness back up, then something is being "rebooted" by the loss and restore of power. This is not something that I have encountered with a Door Module.

Perhaps it is a relay. The ones in my '98 have been know to turn the wipers on and off with touching a switch; all I do is turn the key on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hate to revive an old thread but I have this exact same issue on my 2000 2.0L. Did this ever get figured out? Anyone have any ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts