Hello from Vancouver, Canada - I'm asking for a friend HA HA. Actually, I'm asking for my daughter because her bonehead Dad (me) and Mom were unsuccessful moving her immobilizer chip over to a new key fob housing with new key:
- we swapped the bottom half over from her old remote without any problems, but I think my wife didn't heat the immobilizer enough and it looks like there might be a small crack in the chip in the top half
- the car turns over but doesn't idle (no surprise) and she can live without a second key and fob, but immediately after:
- the EPC light stayed on as well as the check engine
- I pulled the OBD codes yesterday and got one: P0321 (Ignition Engine Speed Input Circuit Range/Performance) - I was hoping this was from the faulty chip, but thinking it might not be
- and today it threw a P0302 code (Cylinder 2 Misfire Condition) when the car was put into drive
- the car hasn't been driven since we tried swapping the remote housing, mostly because she hasn't need to drive it
- the kid is pissed at me and trying to sort this out. is this just bad timing and the immobilizer didn't cause the check engine lights - I think maybe the first code, but not the 2nd one, right?