VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trekked the internet for days looking for the answer to this question and been though several diagrams but still haven't gotten an answer. The metal charge pipe between the turbo and pancake pipe on my beetle has 4 ports 2 big ones and 2 tiny ones. the 2 big ones are connected one to the DV and I forget what the other goes to, but the other two tiny ports are open and I'm getting code p1297. None of the diagrams I've looked at show these two small ports or any hoses being connected to them. I just bought the car 3 weeks ago and had to change the headgasket because the previous mechanic for the car replaced it and put it on UPSIDE DOWN, so I'm not sure if the hoses that go to these ports are even still in the bay because I have everything I could find hooked up and there are no loose hoses any help or insight would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply I had a buddy under the car while doing a boost leak test that after getting showered in Seafoam found out that the 2 nipples on the back of the charge pipe were not vacuum inlets but merely 2 small pieces of round stock that are made on there I felt really dumb when I figured out the vacuum line I had hooked up there went to the valve on the head for the SAI pump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts