NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought my first car, but the drivers side controls for the mirrors, electric windows, and door lock doesn't work.

Unlocking the car with the fob does the passenger side only, and trying to open the windows with the key in the door does not work.

The boot (trunk) release and the fuel filler cap release work fine.

All the buttons seem to light up when I have my lights on too.

Passenger side window control and locking button work fine.

I've had a look at the fuses (5 & 6) and they both test fine, and the wiring loom inside the rubber boot between the door and chassis looks ok too, although I've not properly tested it.

I suspect that the CCM is busted, and I've got a VAG401 in the British postal system heading my way, so I'm hoping it'll tell me whats up.

Short of taking off the door card and testing everything, is there much else to try?

Cheers, Ollie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Surely everything should light up when your lights are on?

Hate to be a pain, was this not all tested before you bought the car? Have you spoken to the dealer about this? If you've recently bought this and have just noticed the defects, I'm fairly certain you can take back to the dealership within 30 days if you're not happy.

Have you had any developments on the problem yet? Will see what I can advise if there's new information.

MB

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
Hey, this is a classic issue; typically, things narrow down to the door wiring harness, that is encased in a black, rubber, ribbed sheath. The harness flexes, every time you open/close the door; the wires inside break and this kills the all of the switches and things connected to it (no power).

Obviously, you have a right hand drive car and we in the usa have a left hand drive version but the principles are the same. Check out this thread; which shows the tear down procedure and shows the door wiring harness. Thing should be similar but just on the right side; instead of our left.

Many have used electrical butt connectors; to repair the wires or solder and shrink wrap tubing.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/109049-window-regualtro-door-lock-diy.html

Your VW scan tool; might shed some light on the situation, let us know how it goes. Thanks. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts