NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, June of 2012 I was driving during the summer on with my AC blowing and my car started to make a stuttering sound at idle and dropped down to around 600 RPMs. I took it to the shop and all they did was replace my timing belt and the engine temp sensor. I got it back and it did the same thing for many months while it was still hot outside. Once winter hit, it stopped stuttering but I was experiencing turbo lag. In December while I was driving home on a 20F night my CEL came back on and the code told me it was my CTS. I replaced that, reset the code and my turbo lag was gone. About 50 miles later the CEL came back on and the turbo lag came back as well as my front radiator fan runs all the time very loudly. My car runs fine, the turbo just doesn't boost as high as it should and it idles around 1200 when I first start it after it has been sitting. My CEL is still on, and it's the same code (I can't remember which). Any thoughts at all? Thank you for reading.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Can you get the codes for our gear heads. It will help point you towards the path to recovery.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
fans on all the time

If your fans are running real fast all the time it's normally this little bugger marked with the red circle in this picture, unplug it temporarily and see. or unplug the other one by the coolant flange, temporarily of course. good luck man

Attachments

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I hope the water pump was replaced when the timing belt was replaced??

I would also be concerned about the thermostat as well. Suggest you read the freeze frame data and see what the coolant temps are running using a scan tool that can read real time ECU data. 205-210F is the expected baseline engine temp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts