NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey im a 19 year old from Ontario Canada, for years my mom talked about this one color of beetle only made one year, she saw it once when i was about 10 and i vividly remember her reaction to seeing it. For years after that she always talked about it, only car she ever talked about. Shes been honestly the best mom you can ask for, shes pulled me out of ruts without a question asked, being a young dub fan having 3 1.8 turbo volkswagens of my own, i went on a hunt. I wanted to surprise her by finding this car for her, i did some research found out exactly what it was and i think i got a really good steal.

I found a 2001 volkswagen beetle GLS 1.8t vortex blue, its a 5 speed standard, fully loaded. Was bought in Vancover BC and i found it in Ontario, luckily in my town after about a month or two of looking i found this one. Was traded in by the original owner, has 150,000 kms and is mint not a scratch on it, not a bubble of rust in the fenders. I have a 1.8t Golf show car with a tri tone pearl 10,000$ paint job on it and her paint by far is in nicer shape, always maintained at vw, all maintenance done up to date, Was asking 5000$ i got him down to 3750 because he had no idea how rare it was. I signed some papers and went and picked up my mom right away. Told her i had something urgent to show her. I drove up to the dealer where the car was, she noticed it right away and couldnt believe her mind, i knew she wouldnt be able to pay for the car on her own because of her payments on her van, i handed her the keys and she absolutely lost her mind.

She starts driving it this week. Ive never seen my mom so excited, im wondering how rare this colour is on the 1.8t models.

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
You bought it for your Mom?

Welcome to the Org, :wave2:.....We Love Pics! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, she deserves something for her, me and my sister moved out and she doesnt need her van for as much, i didnt want anyone else to grab it before she could so i did for her. Her reaction was well worth the investment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts