NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dreams Come True
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Always wanted a beetle now I finally have one. Think I got a lemon through.

We keep having odd problems lately with this car. Was having stubbing bucking loss of power issues. Car would pop and misfire. Seemed like it was a fuel or air issue. Usually happen when first starting car rpms would be all crazy. At times dropping below 1000 and stalling out. Car wouldnt go over 63-65mph without loss of power and slowing down. Would usually have to pull off and turn off and turn on car to fix issue or at least calm it. My bf unhooked battery for 20 mins and rehooked battery. Seemed to help car would only act up at start up. Took car to 70-80mph felt pretty good would pull on hills. Then traveling from his dads house to our home seemed like we lost drive going 40mph at 3,000rpms. Pulled off got gas and let car rest for a few mins then drove fine.

Now bf took car to work last night and when he got off he went to leave pulled out of spot drove up maybe 10-20 parking spots and nothing. Transmission isn't going into any gear right now. Havent unhooked battery yet to see if that helps was thinking maybe we should jack car up and change fluid and see if that helps.

I've noticed a blue coolant light popping on here and there.

Any advise? Just paid 109.00 to get AAAplus. My other car is down needing a fuel pump so I am without a car right now. Also in lack of funds due to not working right now.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,968 Posts
What engine and transmission?

·
5/23/10 <3
10,968 Posts
If its misfiring, have you changed the spark plugs/wires? Checked the coil?

·
5/23/10 <3
10,968 Posts
How many miles on the car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts