VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 vw beetle. it is a 2.0, automatic transmission with no other issues besides it going into limp mode when it's raining outside. however, i had to have the flex pipe welded and i believe there is whole in it.. i'm not sure if that is the cause of the vehicle going into limp mode. when in limp mood, the engine light starts blinking and my car will only go about 5 mph. when this happens i restart my car after a few minutes of letting it sit and it's like nothing ever happened with the car. i have no idea what could cause the issue..

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Have you scanned for trouble codes? A common problem for water ingress issues; is when, it rains and the coil pack, has cracks and it causes, grounding out and misfires.

If the coil pack is bad; stick with a high quality oem replacement part, like bosch, eldor, etc.

Other water ingress problems, can be the plenum area; where the ecu resides, the drains getting clogged, can result in water getting to the ecu/plug area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.