NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cranks but won't start!

I bought a 2001 New Beetle (Yellow Bee) for my daughter for x-mas, all drove it once, then out nowhere I opened the passenger door while she was warming up the car and it just shut down, and it won't start.

I'm a diesel mechanic and never had such a hard time finding a problem when fixing any car. I changed the crank sensor, FP relay, checked and all relays, fuses are fine and still nada, it cranks but it wont start.

After all I've done to this car I've come to the conclusion that is the ECM. I bought a used ECM, I can hear the fuel pump and other noises but the car wont start, somebody please help me before I burn it to the ground

I really need help with the ECM Pin power supply diagram, or wiring schematic, I am also open to all suggestions.

·
Registered
12,103 Posts
One thing you might check is the fuel pump relay; a classic probelem we have seen is a non oem or genuine vw part, will cause the engine to die, when the dior is open. At one point; mny if the aftermarket fuel pump relays, did NOT have enough needed components inside the circuit board of the relay and the door opening and the engine dying was the dead give away, fir this issue. A genuine vw or actual oem part (fuel pump relay); in the past, would fix this nizarre problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts