NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
-2002 1.9L TDI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My name is Rachel I am 17 years old and I own a 2002 1.9L TDI 5 speed. My friend and I have been working on it and have tried out a couple mods on it. We recently put a new intake filter on it which was a big difference. Also we tried the Evry Mod that a lot of people with TDI's have tried, the power was fairly nice and the black smoke was impressive. Also recently put a boost gauge in it so that we could see how the engine handled it. My car pushes max 20 psi and usually holds there for a second then drops to 15 psi, it definitely puts you in your seat. My plan is to get a new turbo and put coilovers on it, but it will be a project that will never be done.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback from other people with TDI's that have done mod's to them.

Thank you!

Rachel

Attachments

·
5/23/10 <3
11,122 Posts
Welcome! Most important question is...how many miles on it and has the timing belt been changed recently?

·
-2002 1.9L TDI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! It has 160,000 miles on it but the transmission and the engine only have 150,000 miles because I just recently did and engine and trans swap when I bought the car. It came as an automatic but I wanted a manual.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Impressive for a teenager! :bigthumb:

Welcome to the Org! :party:

·
5/23/10 <3
11,122 Posts
Did you change the timing belt when you did the swap? Why did you swap the engine too? Could have swapped the trans on its own really easy...just did that recently.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,122 Posts
Get that figured out before you do any more modding. Maintenance is crucial.

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Hi!
Welcome to the org :)

You have cool TDI Bug ;) You´re gonna love the great MPG...

My Bug is almost original: I only installed Panzer skid plate.
And my summer rims are Audi RS4 replicas. I like original Bugs :p

Yeah, timing belt is very important. I have changed that already two times: first when I bought my Bug (90´000 kms) and the second time was last summer (180´000 kms).

Greetings from Finland!

·
-2002 1.9L TDI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you! People think my car is all looks, but its not! The only exterior mod I have done to the car was the rims, and it only cost me 6 bucks for a can of spray paint and some masking tape and they turned out great.

Thank you everyone for the helpful advice. I love this car and I can't wait to keep making it better.

The mileage is fantastic but I still blow through fuel like crazy, I guess I like driving too much!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats on the TDI Beetle. I have one also. I got it at the beginning of the month. The fuel mileage is great and its a really fun car to drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me too. Just bought an 02 tdi manual silver with 150k last month. I'm thinking about adding a handle type spoiler.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 14 of 14 Posts