NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not new to Volkswagen cars I’ve had several jetta models starting with my MK2. I was always fascinated with the Beetle Turbo S however the headlight option seem to be slim. There’s not a lot of info on this car either 😏 very little is shared by the other owners. Has anyone had success swapping the H1 bulbs on their turbo S headlights to LED? We have 3 H1 bulbs inside the headlight and I took it apart I looked at it and I feel like there will be fitment issues. Anyone had any luck swapping it out maybe modding it? keep in mind the LED Bulbs have there cooling bars in the back. Last resort would be HID for low beam I’ve seen D2S and H1 which works best inside our Beetle Turbo S projector?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Sb_beetle, Also for everyone on the site the info for the bulbs in the headlight assembly on a beetle Turbo S are wrong. It does not take 3 H1 bulbs when it comes to the 02-04 beetle turbo s headlight you need 4 H1 bulbs 2 on each side. Low beam and high beam are both 55w H1 bulbs, if you do a swap do not go higher than 55w I don’t suggest it unless you mod swap all the wires. If you go higher than that it’s your own risk. The 3rd bulb in the assembly is a 5W5, or a 194, 168, 2825 bulb either one will work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts