NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2002 Beetle GLS 2.0 - $8,000 - A Bargain

2002 Beetle GLS 2.0 Silver Ext Gray Int. 60,000 miles. Car needs TLC that I do not have the time to give. I am a Mechanical Engineer and my work prevents me from spending the time on this car it needs. I am very particular about keeping my vehicles serviced mechanically although cosmetic things are not my speciality. Just put on a new throttle body. This was my daughters car and it needs someone to love this bug. She is your typical teenager and she has not loved this car the way it needed to be loved.

The right front fender has some scratches (clear coat is peeling) and both front inner fender wells need to be replaced. Like all beetles the front lower plastic wind tray came loose and the tires have rubbed holes in the plastic fender wells. I have NEW both fender wells and lower front wind tray.

The front arm rest is broken and there are several cigarette burns in the seats. I know it doesn't sound like it, but it really is a great running and looking Beetle.

I am asking $8,000 for it. Now thats a bargain! I live in northeast Mississippi. Call Mark (cell) 662-416-3714 - If I don't answer just leave a message, I'll call you back.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
NutterBug said:
It's an auto - I'll take some pics and post them.
Hey, you can't expect her to smoke and shift at the same time, now can you? ;)

Sounds like a good price - too bad it isn't a manual or else I'd be interested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics

Here are a few pics. If you would like others please let me know.

I also put on a new mass air flow sensor.

The car mechanically is in great shape. It just needs some of the visual things done to it.

I also have a new under hood mat that is included.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Porkchop said:
Hey, you can't expect her to smoke and shift at the same time, now can you? ;)

Sounds like a good price - too bad it isn't a manual or else I'd be interested.
At this price you could change it out to a manual!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want one!

I would LOVE to take that beetle off your hands... I'm in MS, too & I have been wanting one for quite a while now, but I have an '03 Saturn Vue that I need to "get rid of" - :(
I'll tell my husband, though - maybe it'll be an early Christmas present! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Camille -
I am going to take the Beetle to my buddy's body shop today to have him install the new front inner panels. Just serviced it - changed the oil etc....

We are pretty close and I don't beleive you will find a better buy in a new Beetle than this one.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump

Great Beetle Great Price - I have it advertised locally for $8,000 - I will take $7,000 from someone on this board. Fly in and drive it home. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks,
Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts