VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a confusing time trying to figure out what radio I have in my GLS.

When I turn my radio on, it says MONSOON.

found this underneath the rear hatch and spare tire access.

Do i have a monsoon system or what?

I want to replace the stereo with something that is Bluetooth capable and looks good. Recommendations?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
Yes, you have Monsoon. Go check out Crutchfield.com. You can put in that you have the Monsoon system if you want to keep the stock amp and they will show you what is compatible and the wiring you need.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I read some of the posts and looked at some pics and was a little confused. Places said that to have the Monsoon system you had to have the CD player.

I basically want a decent stereo that has hands free phone capability and Bluetooth streaming. I don't care if it has a cd since I use my phone for music.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
Crutchfield will let you put in all your preferences and you can look through what is out there that will work with your car and the Monsoon if you want the amp. I have the Monsoon in my GTI and just got a new headunit for Christmas. Still using the amp and its working great.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
The cd player for that radio was mounted in the truck area on the drivers side. It was an option, The monsoon system had more speakers in the dash and the amplifier in the area behind the trunk cover

1 - 5 of 5 Posts