NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I’m completely at a loss with my beetle. She has been in the shop a couple times in the last months for misc. things like gauge cluster malfunctions and misc. leaks and vacuum issues that were fixed. Right now she is having some accelerations issues.

From what I have experienced driving her it seems that the turbo engages at random at times. It only seems to happen from 0-30. It can be quick and smooth with positive engagement of the turbo or some times extremely slow to nonexistent with a hard kick in of the turbo between 30-40. A couple of times she scared me with a really hard bang that feels like the engine (or transmission) has broken out of its mounts when the turbo engages. After the most recent scare now I’m getting a lot of vibrations at idle and now lurches of the Engine/Transmission shifting from drive to reverse. Also as I’m driving I can lightly let off the gas and feel and hear a popping like the engine is moving around in the engine bay from deceleration to acceleration. I’m afraid to drive her now for fear of doing some accidental damage.

I had the Dealer do a complete bumper to bumper on her last month and they said she was all good. Well minus some minor issues with seatbelt/airbag sensor and rear latch sensor requiring replacement.
I’m thinking with the last hard turbo engagement I might of broke a mount or something worse.

I hesitate to just have the mounts replaced without fixing this possible turbo issue. Has anyone experienced anything like this with his or her beetle? I would really appreciate any incite on this. Thank you guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the dealership do a full service on her. I'm only assuming that they did. I couldn't find the dip stick to measure the level. That is defiantly worth looking into thank you!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,173 Posts
I doubt they did. Dealers typically refuse to service the auto transmissions sinjce VW calls them "sealed units" with "lifetime fluid".

Sent from my SCH-I405 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts