VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, great car here.

This is a yellow on yellow special edition. Only 2,000 of these cars were made. Car is a GLS trim, but has many of the optional features that come standard on the GLX.

Low miles, one owner before me who was an older lady. The car has been driven easily; not ragged out. The car has been very well taken care of. Any and all repairs are documented, including all oil changes. Timing belt has been replaced.

Only problems with the car are some stains on the leather in the backseat (I'll add some photos of them, as well as other parts of the interior) and it throws the P0411 error code. Secondary air injection incorrect flow detected. I checked several of the possibilities myself, and at the end of my rope I had a friend who is a VW technician look at. He says it's my turbo diverter valve, it's the old diaphragm style. The new part is in the mail right now.

Features:
Cruise control, power locks, power windows with one click up and down control, front fog lights, stationary rear spoiler, automatic rear spoiler which goes up at 45mph and back down at 10mph, Monsoon eight speaker premium sound system, power sunroof, premium wheels, leather yellow and black interior, heated front seats.
Sorry for all the details you probably already know, it was much easier to copy/paste my Craigslist ad.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volkswagen new beetle Motor vehicle

Vehicle Yellow Car Emblem Font

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volkswagen new beetle Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Miles? Transmission? Interior pics?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Mileage is in the title, 80k and some change.

Automatic transmission.

I'll get some interior pics when I get home tonight.

Edit: I should mention, this car has lived in West Virginia (where I'm from) its whole life, so it has no salt damage at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some interior pics.

I stretched the truth earlier when I said there is nothing wrong with this car. There are currently some water stains on the back seats, as can be seen in the picture here. I have an appointment on Wednesday with a detailing guy to see if they can be restored, or need to be dyed.

Also, the car comes with the standard fuzzy floorboard mats, and also some heavy duty VW rubber floor mats. It also has the bra for the hood and grill, and side mirror covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a little update for information's sake.

My CEL recently came on, and with my scan tool I found that it was a secondary air injection problem. After some troubleshooting and checking a few of the possible issues, I bought and installed a new SAI pump. That took care of the problem. So that's another thing that has been replaced on this car, making it one less thing that will fail on you if you're interested in purchasing it!

Also, I had an automobile rehab guy look into the stains on the backseat. He can re-dye them for $130.

Feel free to PM me if you're interested and want more detailed repair records.

I am no longer "firm" on the $7,000 price.

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Didn't you just get this? :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the first car I have actually owned. So no, I don't flip used cars.

It was his wife's car, and she passed away a few months ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts