NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2002 New Beetle the door lock on the drivers side will not lock with the remote, switch or manually with the door open or closed. If you close the door and start engine the door lock will work any way you want it to. Right now you cannot lock the drivers door when out of the car. You cannot manually push the lock button down. The only way it will work is with door closed and engine running. Anyone have any insight on this? Also my interior lights will not work when doors are opened, either one. I thought this might be the door switch but my locks know when the doors are opened or closed. Kind of a weird problem.
Thanks,
Rodney

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Mine does the same thing. However, if you are outside of the car try to lock it then unlock it, then lock it again. My door does lock after doing this. Or lock it, then unlock it and after 25 seconds or so it will lock automatically.
I think it has to do with the door switch and there is a DIY out there for it I just haven't gotten the chance to take the door apart and mess with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts