NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 Turbo S has a air problem! it has always blown ice cold air and the other day it just started blowing "ambient" temp air. Its not hot or cold. I just replaced the fusebox on top of the battery...I bought some r1345 with the gauges attached to it. The gauge reads 60psi on the low side and I haven't added anymore air. I have checked all the fuses. I have read about the blend door maybe being stuck or something but not sure where that is...any ideas on what might be happening? I sure don't wanna go spend $1000 on it but I cant drive it without ac!!!

·
Registered
14,063 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
My 2002 Turbo S has a air problem! it has always blown ice cold air and the other day it just started blowing "ambient" temp air. Its not hot or cold. I just replaced the fusebox on top of the battery...I bought some r1345 with the gauges attached to it. The gauge reads 60psi on the low side and I haven't added anymore air. I have checked all the fuses. I have read about the blend door maybe being stuck or something but not sure where that is...any ideas on what might be happening? I sure don't wanna go spend $1000 on it but I cant drive it without ac!!!
If that 60 reading was with the car on and the AC switch on then your compressor is not running. No doubt the fans were also not turning, but they won't start for the AC if the compressor doesn't start.

p.s. It was only 45 here this morning, if the AC doesn't work, you can always count on Canada for some cold. Just stop on by.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts