VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
I've been dealing with the P1297 code for awhile now. It shows up every few months a few times then goes away. Can't figure it out. But that one shouldn't cause you to fail inspection - doesn't throw a CEL, at least not on my GTI.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4 other symptoms I've experienced:
- Sometimes when pulling hard thru the gears it seems to run out of gas momentarily
- Sometimes while accelerating, certain throttle position seem to evoke hesitation
- Often, after driving for a period of 30 minutes or so, I have no turbo response.
- My Turbo is loud enough I can hear it yet there are times it seems very muted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Sometimes when pulling hard thru the gears it seems to run out of gas momentarily
Sometimes while accelerating, certain throttle position seem to evoke hesitation"-just throwing this out there but could it be a weak/failing fuel pump, fuel pressure reg, bad injectors or harness wire to the injectors..maybe maf sensor

as far as no boost response it seems that would be something like diverter valve or the hoses, stuck wastegate/ n75, boost leak

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordered an OBDElevenPro scan tool to help with some of these issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts