NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 2003 1.6 petrol beetle it’s developed a rough from from cold start up and even does it when warm . It’s quite loud on idle so checked and found and exhaust leak from the two down pipes meet the exhaust manifold . Checked fault codes and form intermittent fault on bank 1 o2 sensor and a static fault on the egr I checked and found a 10amp fuse that was down replaced it cleared all the faults and they all cleared . But still have this terribly rough idle ? Any ideas 💡 could the exhaust leak be causing this rough idle due to the leak being just after the bank1 sensor ?? Any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi everyone I have a 2003 1.6 petrol beetle it’s developed a rough from from cold start up and even does it when warm . It’s quite loud on idle so checked and found and exhaust leak from the two down pipes meet the exhaust manifold . Checked fault codes and form intermittent fault on bank 1 o2 sensor and a static fault on the egr I checked and found a 10amp fuse that was down replaced it cleared all the faults and they all cleared . But still have this terribly rough idle ? Any ideas 💡 could the exhaust leak be causing this rough idle due to the leak being just after the bank1 sensor ?? Any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it’s warmed up the idle sporadically dips so low (like it’s about to stall) for a split second then just comes up again in approximately 10s intervals

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Not sure if that engine has a mass airflow sensor (MAF). If it does, I would try unplugging it and see if it gets better.

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts