NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone:

I've looked eveywhere and no one has been able to help me. I'm hoping that someone here has found the solution to this problem.

I have a 2003 VW Beetle TDI. I'm having some electrical issues with it. For some reason when you start it, the interior light stays on and there is a loud beep for 30-45 seconds, then the sound stops. Also, the windshield wipes will occasionally come on when you hit a bump. The driver side door light which is now disconnected also stays illuminated. Whatever the issue is it keeps draining my battery. I have put a computer on it and nothing is showing on the codes.

Please help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The interior light problems sounds like one of the door latches is at fault. The interior light switches are built into the latch itself. I have the same problem. Unfortunately, it's not as easy of a fix as it "SHOULD" be. Gotta love that fine German Engineering. I don't know what's causing your wipers to work the way its working, sounds like a short somewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My NB Doug started doing that randomly too, I had no idea what caused it and couldn't think of anything different the car went through. It would happen nearly every time I drove the car for almost a week, it drained the battery a few times on me too. Then randomly, after like the third time we had to jump start it, it just stopped. I didn't do anything differently (no oil change, no service visit of any kind, didn't even wash the car), so hopefully your problem might go away too. If not, the door latch might would be a good place to start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts